- Bali Arts
- In the past, Balinese artists were patronized by kings, princes and temple
councils. The majority of their works served ritual and magical functions,
emphasizing the symbolism of a temple ceremony or domestic sanctuary,
or supporting claims of divine authority by the rule
(Added: 17-Jun-1999 Hits: 3327 Rating: 9 Votes: 1209) [Rate It] [Report Dead Link]
- Saharadja wants to play its music for the world
- As in many places in the world, terror went down in Bali again.
Peoples here doesn’t t understand why those who were hosted with smile want to hurt them so badly. Most of the victims are Indonesians.
This is no a religious war, more a politic issue, to bring fear in the heart of people.
(Added: 24-Mar-2006 Hits: 483 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) [Rate It] [Report Dead Link]
- The Balinese Calendar
- If you are heading to Bali in search of a land of relaxation where watches, calendars and appointment books are unheard of, you’ll be in for a surprise. While the Balinese are indeed faithful followers of the relaxed island tempo known as “jam karet” or “rubber time,” they are also among the most time conscious people in the world
(Added: 27-Mar-2006 Hits: 428 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) [Rate It] [Report Dead Link]
- Udeng - Traditional head cloth worn by men; called destar in high Balinese.
(Added: 24-Mar-2006 Hits: 430 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) [Rate It] [Report Dead Link]