- Candi Siu to expose in World Environment Conference
- The plan of developing the undersea temple that would become the first undersea temple has started to discuss on the socialization program of the development committee with the Association of the Indonesia Water Tourism Entrepreneurs (Gahawisri) Bali on Thursday (7/3) in Denpasar.
(Added: 9-Mar-2002 Hits: 78784 Rating: 67 Votes: 69669) [Rate It] [Report Dead Link]
- Clean Seminyak-Petitenget!
- Clean Seminyak-Petitenget! is the community initiative along the Seminyak-Petitenget beach ands its surroundings, which cares for the cleanliness and safety of the beach. The program is open for anyone who wants to be part of the effort, especially for those who live in Seminyak-Petitenget and its surrounding areas.
(Added: 27-Jul-2003 Hits: 115 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) [Rate It] [Report Dead Link]
- Coral Reefs Conservation
- Bali is confronted with the same problems and often has less resources to combat them. The 1998 El Nino incident which raised water temperature worldwide, has caused a phenomenon called bleaching in which the coral dies due to the increase in temperature and gives the visual effect of the reef being bleached. Our own reefs here in Bali have experienced the same fate. Compounding this is the continuous bombing and cyanide fishing being used by local fishermen.
(Added: 22-Mar-2002 Hits: 217 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) [Rate It] [Report Dead Link]
- Garuda Wisnu Kencana Foundation
- Bali's cultural environment in the reciprocal connection between culture, environment and tourism are considered to be mutually contradictive.It served a jump off for the founding of GWK Foundation in 1993 with the mission i.e.: To fight a mutual benefits between cultures and to conserve the environments in a broader sense, to facilitate Indonesian culture steps toward more competitive forum at the global level and to establish a world cultural and environmental communication forum
(Added: 24-Apr-2001 Hits: 234 Rating: 9 Votes: 0) [Rate It] [Report Dead Link]
- Indonesia Wild
- Djuna Ivereigh has shot on assignment from Sumatra to Papua and is available for work throughout Southeast Asia and beyond. She specializes in documenting remote expeditions in both words and images.
(Added: 10-Dec-2006 Hits: 73 Rating: 2 Votes: 2) [Rate It] [Report Dead Link]
- Nusa Penida remains the most unique Karst in Indonesia
- The Nusa Penida Island of East Bali remains the most unique ‘karst’ (porous limestone), in which its karstification process considered as the youngest in Indonesia. The Nusa Penida’s karst also owns the multistoried spring that could not be found in other places in Indonesia.
(Added: 18-Mar-2002 Hits: 190 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) [Rate It] [Report Dead Link]
- The World Wide Fund For Nature (WWF) Indonesia
- The World Wide Fund For Nature (WWF) is the world’s largest independent conservation organization, with 4.7 million supporters and a global network of 27 National Organization, 22 program offices and 5 associates. For over thirty years, WWF Indonesia has collaborated with government agencies, non-governmental organizations, universities, and community leaders to promote sustainable development and conservation in Indonesia, which is one of the most biologically diverse areas in the world
(Added: 24-May-2006 Hits: 154 Rating: 22 Votes: 22) [Rate It] [Report Dead Link]